“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:16
About Calvary Chapel Academy
Calvary Chapel Academy (CCA), a private Christian school, was established in 2004 by Pastor Randy Cahill, founding pastor of Calvary Chapel of Boston (CCoB), as an educational ministry of CCoB. Pastor Randy’s vision for the school is to provide the highest value of both spiritual and academic education founded on God’s word and in His wisdom.
The school provides educational opportunities for students entering Pre-kindergarten through High School. Currently, there are 153 students in the school with 35 students enrolled in the High School. Initially, the school started with grades Pre-Kindergarten through 7th grade adding a grade every year until CCA’s first graduating class of 2010. Since 2010, CCA has seen its graduates accepted into over seventy-five different colleges and universities, such as the University of Massachusetts Boston, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, MIT, Liberty University, MA College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Boston University, Bridgewater State University, Emerson College, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Suffolk University, North Greenville University, Biola University and Gordon College.
The educational philosophy at CCA is to teach students from a biblical worldview, based on the literal interpretation of the Bible, using the New King James version. Our academic programs are designed to meet the various learning styles of students. CCA offers a wide selection of primary and fundamental classes as well as advanced placement, honors and college prep courses. Additionally, CCA offers students several electives and extra-curricular activities.
CCA believes that academic achievement, centered on a strong and prominent biblical foundation (Proverbs 1:7), will nurture students to become worldwide ambassadors for Christ. The school is governed by the church’s Pastoral Board who are actively involved with the students through weekly chapel, bible courses, academic teaching, academic advising, athletic coaching and extracurricular activities.
The vision of Calvary Chapel Academy is to partner with Christian parents to raise up disciples for Christ. By providing a biblically grounded educational experience, students will be prepared both practically and spiritually to fulfill God’s call upon their lives, thereby, glorifying God and impacting the world for Christ.
The mission of Calvary Chapel Academy is to share the ministry of Calvary Chapel of Boston by providing an exemplary Christian education that instructs and equips Pre-Kindergarten through High School age students with a biblical worldview.
About Calvary Chapel of Boston
Calvary Chapel Church has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
Calvary Chapel of Boston’s Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only to their over-emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
- We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ’s Agape love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.
- We believe worship of God should be fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshipping Him.
- We believe in all the basic doctrines of historic Christianity.
- We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
- We believe that God is eternally existent in three distinct Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign Creator of all things.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His substitutionary death on the cross, was bodily raised from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father and ever lives to make intercession for us.
- We believe in the personal, visible, and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to the earth. He will return with His saints and set up a kingdom of which there will be no end. After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
- We believe that all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit. All his/her sins are forgiven and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures and that they are valid for today if they are exercised within the scriptural guidelines. We as believers are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love that the whole Body of Christ might be edified. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without this love all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.